BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Possible Day 3 transfer tomorrow!

The nurse called today and I had a feeling I should answer instead of letting her leave a voicemail for me and Mister for later. She said that one of our embies fertilized ('a fighter' - I'm so proud!) and now we have 6 tadpauls! 


Then she gave me the shocking news that we needed to come in tomorrow at 9:45am so we could have a 30 min meeting about the quality of our tadpauls, and based on their quality, have a day 3 transfer. Whoa! Unexpected! I always thought of having a day 5 blasto tranfer. So I freaked out a bit and called Mister. Both of us were shocked we might have one of the most important days of our life tomorrow. The nurse did say that is the majority of the tadpauls are high quality, then we are looking at a day 5. 


So of course I immediately headed online to compare a day 3 or day 5 transfer. So many different opinions! Some women are happily taking care of their babies after a day 3 transfer, another study says the implantation rate is higher with day 5 but birth rates are the same with both. 


So Mister and I decided, based on the info we get, we'll transfer 1 tadpaul on either day 3 or 5 if it is high quality, and 2 on day 3 if they are less high quality. So we'll see what happens.


Love to all our tadpauls!! :) 

0 comments: