BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sister Chat

Just had a really nice talk with my sister-in-law! She had a laparoscopy in Nov because of severe period pain. She thinks she has PCOS but her surgeon never explained what he found and what he removed! Crazy, huh? She has an appt with him on Friday and I told her to ask for the surgery report and for him to go over her surgery in detail. I'm an information junkie, so I would have gone a bit nuts not knowing what happened.


After my surgery in October when my fallopian tubes were removed, I read every gruesome detail of the surgery report, as painful as it was. 


Anyways, I finally was able to tell my sister-in-law about what happened to me...I just wasn't ready to before. She said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't feel sorry for you. You are going to be a mom. It's just going to take some help. It might be harder for it to happen, but you'll cherish your baby even more. So enjoy it! Get ready emotionally and physically. Instead of saying 'I'm going to be pregnant, say I'm going to be a Mom.' And I'm going to be an Aunt!!"


I just love this girl! We've been sisters-in-law for 2.5 years, but cause of miscommunication or something or other, we've gone thru periods of not talking or having unspoken issues between us that always got cleared up when we saw each other and talked it out. We were both nervous to see each other over the holidays at the in-laws house, and it was a bit awkward at first. But, as usual, the wall was broken and we started talking..but this time it was different. We knew that this time we had both just come thru such similar experiences and needed someone to talk to. We've talked more in the past 2 weeks than we have in the past year! 


I have a sister who understands me, understands IF and has the ability to be a cheerleader for me :) I'm so lucky! 

0 comments: